Choose Your Moments – By Barry Matheny, V.P. of Relocation Services
“Many of us seem to have an endless to-do list. Taking a moment to step back from our day-to-day schedules can help us simplify our lives; and maybe even help us identify what we are missing to keep us energized and fulfilled.”
In the book “Stress Is Choice” by David Zerfoss, he gives us some great examples of how to do that.
- Choose to set your priorities: “the key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.” (Stephen Covey)
- Choose to leave the past behind: look forward and begin living a life filled with new possibilities!
- Choose to discover your magnetism: we have the power to attract who and also what we truly want to draw into our lives.
- Choose to know your purpose: make it a purpose to discover and live your purpose.
- Choose to slow down in order to go faster: take time to live each day to the fullest.
We all know that that our priorities may change during the day. In fact, choosing how to deal with change will have a huge impact on our success.
Cesare Pavese wrote: “we do not remember days, we remember moments.” (The business of living diaries, 1935-1950)
- Choose your moments!
As always thank you for allowing me to share. We are so fortunate to do what we do because we can make choices and those choices do create moments that last a lifetime for those we serve.