Lessons From A Legend – By Barry Matheny, V.P. of Relocation Services
“John Wooden won 10 National Championships while coaching basketball at UCLA, but he was more than a winner on the hard courts – he was a philosopher and developer of people and teams.” Here are just a few of his lessons that apply to our life and work.
- Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.
- Make each day your masterpiece!
- Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
- It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts.
- Success is never final, failure is never fatal. It’s courage that counts.
Many of you, who know me, know that I am a huge believer in “Affirmations”. I believe if I start each day believing in the possibilities instead of allowing obstacles to stop me then I have a better chance at success. It does not mean that I do not have my challenges because I do. I have a strong passion for what I do. That can be overwhelming at times for those around me. Being aware of who we are has a huge impact on what we can accomplish with those on you connect with every day!